Vocalist.org archive

From:  "David Grogan" <dgrogan@e...>
"David Grogan" <dgrogan@e...>
Date:  Tue Feb 13, 2001  4:53 am
Subject:  Trumpet Training Tool

Vocalisters,

Many years ago, I had a friend who played the trumpet. She showed me a
device that helps you build up the muscles involved in breathing. As I
recall, as you inhaled, a small ball began floating in a tube connected to
what you were breathing into. As you exhaled, the ball would also float up.
The goal was to keep the ball floating as high as you could for as long as
you could. It is most likely way too much breath pressure for singing, but
I was interested in getting one for myself and trying it again, with the
possibility of using it for my students who don't use nearly enough breath
energy. Is this ringing a bell with anyone out there? If you know what it
is that I am talking about, please e-mail with the name of this device.
Thanks much!

David Grogan
ETBU Music
Marshall, Texas

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
9410 Re: Trumpet Training Tool thomas mark montgomery   Tue  2/13/2001   3 KB
9413 Re: Trumpet Training Tool Jeffrey Snider   Tue  2/13/2001   2 KB
9415 Re: Trumpet Training Tool singersuki@a...   Tue  2/13/2001   2 KB
9419 Re: Trumpet Training Tool Ave Maria!   Tue  2/13/2001   3 KB
9420 Re: Trumpet Training Tool Ave Maria!   Tue  2/13/2001   2 KB
9559 Re: Trumpet Training Tool dclark   Sat  2/17/2001   4 KB
9941 Re: Breathing [WAS:Trumpet Training Tool] John Link   Sun  3/4/2001   4 KB

emusic.com