Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
"Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
Date:  Mon Feb 12, 2001  7:27 am
Subject:  Re: Okay - pregnancy and the singing voice

Hello Caio and Vocalisters:

Your recent comments on this topic are extremely insightful. I am
especially impressed that you have finally succumbed to the raw logic of
those who have gone beyond empirical ideas and submerged themselves in
investigate research.

You have captured the rationale of corollary thought. All of our comments
to Isabelle expressed concern only for the effect pregnancy would have on
her singing, but you, with great human care and emerging intelligence, have
brought to our attention the effect singing will have on the pregnancy and
its product, the baby.

What is even more astounding for me is the fact that after years of study of
such writers as Miller and Titze I was not aware that they also have
expressed these concerns and, indeed, have published research that supports
their, and your, claims.

Congratulations on a wonderful post. Keep up the good work. A most goodly
discussion.

Regards
--
Lloyd W. Hanson, DMA