Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Sun Feb 11, 2001  9:07 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Okay - pregnancy and the singing voice

> years. On the other hand, I saw a VERY pregnant Mary
> Mills (about 6 months) and Natalie Dessay (they said 8
> months!) both performing, one at SF and one at the
> Met. It worked for Olympia, it was a little more
> distracting for Mills' Pamina. :)

Frederica von Stade recorded a song recital the day before giving birth to
her daughter (it is the recording with Purcell/Liszt et al). I remember
hearing her comment on singing while pregnant and she stated that her voice
was in the best shape of its life other than experiencing a slight shortness
of breath.

Mark

emusic.com