Vocalist.org archive

From:  sjdr9523@y...
sjdr9523@y...
Date:  Sat Feb 10, 2001  4:50 am
Subject:  Dynamic control

Hi. I just wanted to get some clarification on something John B.
posted a while back, which I have been pondering...

<<1. Dynamics should be partly an increase in breath flow but also very
much a progressive change of resonance (I wish I could underline
that).>>

Do you mean in order to sing softly the air passes more quickly through
the glottis- as in a slightly 'breathier' production? How does the
resonance change? Is there a change of laryngeal position or vowel as
well?

<< 2. quiet should be focussed and fairly bright; louder should be
focused and fairly bright (the only difference is in the spelling of
'focused' :o) )>>

Forgive me...that's just a joke, right? Or is there something I'm
missing? (No fair teasing the newbies :)

thanks!

sjdr9523@y...dorisopran@a...sjdr9523@y...
  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
9259 Re: Dynamic control Lloyd W. Hanson   Sat  2/10/2001   3 KB
9309 Re: Dynamic control sjdr9523@y...   Sun  2/11/2001   2 KB
9311 Re: Dynamic control dorisopran@a...   Mon  2/12/2001   2 KB
9316 Re: Dynamic control sjdr9523@y...   Mon  2/12/2001   2 KB
9330 Re: Dynamic control John Alexander Blyth   Mon  2/12/2001   4 KB

emusic.com