Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Date:  Sat Feb 10, 2001  3:38 am
Subject:  [vocalist] Teen belter with scary symptoms

----Original Message-----
>From: Greypins@a... <Greypins@a... < >Date: Friday, February 09, 2001 9:30 PM
>
> from all that i have ever heard about belting, it seems that the
term
>usually refers to women. no one, of those who consider belting to be
the
>embodiment of evil, has ever complained about male belting. there have
been
>complaints about male screaming, but not belting.
>
> do those of you who think belting is bad think that aretha franklin
is a
>belter? what about barbra streisand? do you consider tony bennett a
male
>belter? if these singers aren't belters, who is (that we all would
have
>heard of to fascilitate the discussion)? what about paul mccartney or
>celine dion? are they crooners who occasionally belt?
>
> in short, what criteria are you going on and do the same principles

>apply to both men and women?
>
>mike

I wonder how the terms of B'way belting will change - if at all -
with the emergence of a *new* sensation on stage at the Marquis
Theater. None other than Reba McIntire as Annie Oakley. The
critique in today's NY Times was a rave!

EV
shuddering as I suddenly contemplate the visage of Britney in
buckskins & boots - ay chihuahua!

emusic.com