Vocalist.org archive

From:  Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Date:  Sat Feb 10, 2001  2:07 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] female morphology, weight etc

For well rounded ladies, Lane Bryant - the store, not the mail order
catalog, has good trendy stuff for gals size 14 and up. Their new ad
that I got in the mail is sexxxy. Also, I like Mode magazine, for women
size 12 and up. The women are nicely rounded (like our nicely rounded
vocal tones) and very pretty. This magazine encourages self acceptance
and self worth at any size. They often get letters from men who enjoy
reading their wife's magazine or just pick it up off of the shelf
because the covers are so striking. I have never had any trouble
getting men and my husband has no complaints :-) and the smallest I've
been is a size 12 at 5'7" tall.

For the record, I don't think Atkins is the only way to lose weight.
:-) You can do it on an extremely low fat, primarily vegetarian diet,
too. There is an advantage with Atkins in that you are not hungry while
losing weight, you see results quickly and fairly steadily, etc. This
is just me, but, I used to be a veg and was hungry a lot and very
tired. One can lose weight by a program of exercise, including walking,
weight lifting if you have the time and energy. I cannot run... too
much bounce if you know what I mean, and knee pain... my mother used to
say that running wasn't good for women because it can damage the
reproductive organs due to the impact. Probably an old wives tale. :-)

Gina

emusic.com