Vocalist.org archive

From:  sopran@a...
sopran@a...
Date:  Fri Feb 9, 2001  3:22 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] female morphology, weight etc

In a message dated 2/9/01 9:08:56 AM, linda@f... writes:

<< As for the clothes thing: when is someone going to design clothes for a
larger shape which don't seek to flatter by making you look thinner, but
rather by making a skinny person wish they could be a bit fatter so they
too could look good clothes like those? >>

Or maybe they could realize that just because you're a bit larger than
average in one area (in my case, on top) that you can still have a defined
waist, non-gigantic hips, etc.

It seems that designers are much more comfortable assuming that women are
either pencil-slim or shaped like spheres or the great pyramids of Egypt.
Only extremes exist.

I would guess that most of today's popular designers have never actually met
a real woman--and don't want to! HA!

Judy

emusic.com