Vocalist.org archive

From:  "John Messmer, M.D." <jjm23@p...>
"John Messmer, M.D." <jjm23@p...>
Date:  Fri Feb 9, 2001  4:01 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] The sore nasopharynx

I suffer from the
> sore nasopharynx area especially in the morning and still during the
> day. The soreness is most likely due to my allergy and it makes my
> voice somewhat fatigued and stuffed up. In the evening my voice works
> quite ok, actually pretty well, even if the nasopharynx may be a bit
> dry.

There is a device you may be able to find at a medical supply house that
irrigates your nose and nasopharynx with cool saline mist. It is the modern
alternative to saline irrigation with a dropper or a spray. Unfortunately
the name escapes me but if you go to a medical supply store and ask about
it, they may be able to help. It costs about $170 in this area.

John

John J. Messmer, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Family & Community Medicine
Penn State College of Medicine

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
9227 Re: The sore nasopharynx Isabelle Bracamonte   Fri  2/9/2001   2 KB

emusic.com