Vocalist.org archive

From:  Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Date:  Thu Feb 8, 2001  2:06 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Weight Control

> you may have noticed that you have been urinating more since
> being on
> the atkins diet. most of the weight lost on those diets in the first
> two
> weeks is actually water loss not fat loss.

While I respect you and your opinion, Mike, I must disagree on one small
point. Actual case studies which are documented in Dr. Atkins New Diet
Revolution have shown significant fat loss, measured by the submersion
technique. Some of it is water loss, but more fat loss occurred on
Atkins than any other diet, including total fasting.

Dr. Atkins has treated over 25,000 people at the Atkins Center for
Complementary Medicine, and has gathered substantial data from his
patients there. I am sure that the rapid fat loss is due to the
"metabolic advantage" I described earlier.

Gina

emusic.com