Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Wed Feb 7, 2001  9:33 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Weight Control

Well, I'm proud to say that I come from a long line of big strong women.
(My great-grandmother was 5'8".) Sure, maybe wiry cavemen could run five
miles a day etc., but they also rarely made it past their 30s. I can't run
even one mile (arthritis), but I *can* bike five miles. And I helped move
the piano at church last Sunday.

I am strong. I am invincible. I am Mighty Mezzo! But after trying on some
jeans on Sunday, I am on my bicycle this week. ;-)

>From: sopran@a...
>To: vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [vocalist] Weight Control
>Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 15:47:14 EST
>

>In a message dated 2/4/01 7:44:26 PM, ibracamonte@y... writes:
>
><< Fit is being able to
>run 5 miles a day. Fit means around 20% bodyfat for a
>woman. >>
>
>Here's what I say to the so-called experts. Who would you rather be--sports
>legend Jim Fixx, who popularized the sport of running and died of a heart
>attack at age 52 while running
>OR
>my pudgy little grandmother who enjoyed 96 healthy years?
>
>Judy
>(I'm with Grandma!)

Elizabeth Finkler
California: If it ain't one thing, it's another.
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...
mightymezzo@h...

"An enemy can partially ruin a man, but it takes a well-meaning and
injudicious friend to really finish the job and make it perfect." --Mark
Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson"