Vocalist.org archive

From:  "PJ. Garner" <garnered_images@e...>
"PJ. Garner" <garnered_images@e...>
Date:  Tue Feb 6, 2001  11:24 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] keep those girlish vocal cords

My vote is to run. The only real (read: necessary) expense is proper running
shoes and you can easily hit treadmills in strange city hotels or even venture
into new territories (outside in parks, etc.). I know. I've done this.
Thirty minutes, three times a week isn't that hard to fit into any schedule
however the benefits are enormous. Though I'm no longer taking voice lessons,
I still sing and have found increased lung capacity and strength, both
necessary for good production and control. You needn't aim for world records,
just getting out regularly and moving as best one can is enough. Speed comes
in its own time.

This can be supplemented with simple free weights to balance increased lower
body strength with upper body strength. Again, it only takes a few minutes to
go through 8 reps of various motions. These can be done on alternate days.

Then, as long as you are eating a healthy diet (little sugar and fat, lots of
fruits and veggies, drinking plenty of water) you'll not only feel good, but
you'll look your personal best, too. Most of those who can't actually run can
substitute power walking (4mph goal).

PJ.

. Help Stop Arctic Oil Drilling! . A Squirrel's Tale

Vote For Us! . Astrology & New Age
. What's Up?
. Garnered Images Astrology
[ Where beauty moves and wit delights and signs of kindness bind me,
there, oh there, wher'ere I go, I leave my heart behind me. (Thomas Ford, 1607)
[