Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Date:  Tue Feb 6, 2001  3:00 pm
Subject:  La Boheme

----Original Message-----
>From: L Goodman <lsgdiva@y...>
>Subject: [vocalist] Re:La Boheme
>Date: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 7:51 AM
>

>Just curious - anyone out there go in for this new Broadway
>(not a typo_ production of "La Boheme"? What was your experience?

Is this the re-reading of the Joseph Papp Production featuring Linda
Rondstadt
& the burly bari/tenor who made a big splash in Nashville & who's name
escapes me? That production was in the Mid-80's (i want to say).
Anyway, a lot of hype then about that production, but it turned out to
be a lot of sizzle & small amounts of gristle. Wasn't "RENT" also a slice
of the "LA BOHEME" story?

EV

emusic.com