Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Tue Feb 6, 2001  1:06 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] OFF: Weight Control

A word of warning here: the body is capable of shedding only about 2 lbs
of bodyfat a week; any other weight loss will be made up of water loss (as
is probably the case with a low carbohydrate diet) or muscle fiber (a very
bad thing - this is why people who diet poorly end up gaining more fat
than before the dieting.) As always, moderation in all things. At 45
years of age, I have been at 10% bodyfat for two years, after slimming
down from 225 to 162. I did this with the Bill Phillips diet (I have
mentioned his work before). It is a sensible diet with allowances for all
those things you love to eat. No, I don't eat ice cream and cake
everyday, but I do get to eat them regularly, if I so choose. I highly
recommend his approach (his book, Body-for-Life has been on the best
seller lists for over a year now) for someone who wants to lose pounds
sensibly, and rather painlessly.

Mark Montgomery

> By the way, I'm now 12lbs lighter in about 24 days on a no sugar,
> very little carbohydrate diet and still singing well. Mainly eating
> beef,chicken, blue cheese and as much butter as I feel acceptable.

emusic.com