Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
"Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Tue Feb 6, 2001  2:33 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Stroboscopy

Laura wrote:

> I had a laryngoscopy today (my second) and I sang during that - the eee
> thing you describe, but the tube went through my nose. I have videotape
from
> the first one and that is mighty cool. I'm not sure from your description
> how the stroboscopy is different from that other than the entry point.
>
> I've read about its use in voice therapy. I'm just wondering about how it
is
> used diagnostically.

I had the tube 3 times through my nose down to my throat because the doctor
wanted to check how think the nose opening was and what the my larynx looked
like ( before and after septum deviation correcting surgeries ).

When my speech therapist sent to me to an ENT, I thought it would be the
same but it wasn't: he asked me to pull my tongue out, then he held it there
and put a kind of thick metal tube into my throat. I felt like being raped.
When it was finished, I thought he would kill me and bury my body but he was
the only one who gave me the tape with the whole of it. I was going to
report him to the police and give them the evidence, but my speec therapist
thought I'd better do some lip trills. Maybe the doctor thought it was too
tight!

Anyway... I think the one through the nose is much less invasive and must
probably show your larynx as it would probably be while you're not raped.

Bye,

Caio Rossi

emusic.com