Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Mon Feb 5, 2001  12:12 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Weight Control

In a message dated 2/4/2001 2:44:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ibracamonte@y... writes:

<< Ah, but how do you define fit? That's what started my
whole mental conversation with myself (reading about
studies and "experts" who claim that our current
standards of fitness are too lax). I keep reading
that most Americans think that they're fit when they
could be healthier.

isabelle,

there is a difference between people who already are taking care of
their health looking for the best way and people who are choosing between
actually doing something healthy or dying slowly on the couch.

the storage of fat is the body's way of protecting itself against
starvation. if you are already exercising and eating right and are having
trouble getting rid of weight you think shouldn't be there, you may want to
investigate theories on set-point and how to manipulate it (you may actually
have to eat more in order to fool your body into thinking it doesn't need
those five pounds).

btw, are you thinking of giving up singing to become a full-time
cavegirl?

mike

emusic.com