Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
"Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Sun Feb 4, 2001  2:37 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Questions?

Lee wrote:

> I think this person doesn't know what they're talking about either. In
> fact, if this person said the light was red and it was okay to walk across
> the street, I'd double check.

I don't think it's possible to have an opinion about a person's voice
without listening to it. We can't say the person doesn't have 5 octaves if
we don't listen to him/her.

There's a Brazilian singer called Elsa ( Elza? ) Soares who lived in NYC for
some time with a very well-succeeded show due to her 'different' voice. She
could distort her voice and go back to a smoother, normal one at will and
with no bad effect on it. ACCORDING TO HER, her doctor decided to see what
was going on in there. When he looked inside he saw she had 2 pairs of vocal
cords: one of them did the disrtortion while the other one did the rest.

When I had my vocal cords examined the doctor said it was androgenous
between typical male's and female's cords and with little mucosa ).

In other words: FREAKS CAN SING! hehe

Bye,

Caio Rossi

emusic.com