Vocalist.org archive

From:  emmashapplinrules@h...
emmashapplinrules@h...
Date:  Fri Feb 2, 2001  6:15 am
Subject:  Questions?

I hear many singers tell me they have 4 or 5 octaves voices. Do
most singers have that many octaves or are they counting wrong?
Anyway, someone was telling me, that they're a trained singer and
that they know vocal classifications. So they said that Celine Dion
was a dramatic soprano. I really don't think she has that dark
timbre to be a dramatic soprano. Even when she does vocal exercises
that has opera overtones, she doesn't sound dramatic either. I'm
thinking this person doesn't really know what they're talking about.

Renee

emmashapplinrules@h...nicktenor@a...sopran@a...Greypins@a...Mezzoid@a...
  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
8973 Re: Questions? Gina   Fri  2/2/2001   3 KB
8974 Re: Questions? emmashapplinrules@h...   Fri  2/2/2001   4 KB
8990 Re: Questions? Isabelle Bracamonte   Fri  2/2/2001   2 KB
8976 Re: Questions? nicktenor@a...   Fri  2/2/2001   3 KB
8978 Re: Questions? sopran@a...   Fri  2/2/2001   2 KB
8981 Re: Questions? Greypins@a...   Fri  2/2/2001   3 KB
8985 Re: Questions? Mezzoid@a...   Fri  2/2/2001   2 KB
8988 Maureen McGovern thomas mark montgomery   Fri  2/2/2001   3 KB
8996 Re: Questions? Margaret Harrison   Sat  2/3/2001   3 KB

emusic.com