Vocalist.org archive

From:  mikebarb@n...
mikebarb@n...
Date:  Wed Jan 31, 2001  4:50 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] What to call myself

mikebarb@n... wrote:

> Karen Mercedes wrote:
>

> > There are only two singers I can think of who actually call themselves
> > this: Ewa Podles and Nathalie Stutzmann - the former is a lyric-coloratura
> > contralto, the latter is mainly a recitalist, though she does sing some
> > opera. No-one else seems willing to take the risk of using this rare (and
> > possibly outmoded) label.
> >

> My aunt (of Delos Records) has been making recordings with a Russian
> orchestra, and she has also has signed a
> Russian contralto.

P.S. to an earlier post. Delos' Russian contralto might be Ewa Podles. I
really ought to listen better to members
of my own family. Yikes.

Barbara Roberts
mikebarb@n...,net
mikebarb@n...,net

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
8947 Re: What to call myself Karen Mercedes   Wed  1/31/2001   3 KB

emusic.com