Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Marjorie Bunday" <mbunday@e...>
"Marjorie Bunday" <mbunday@e...>
Date:  Tue Jan 30, 2001  10:27 pm
Subject:  Re: What to call myself

John Alexander Blyth wrote:
<<Alas, I've had yet another thought - my own shenanigans in this little
prairie town where I'll sing baritone, tenor and bass solos in the course
of one week - I wish I could just bill myself as "Singer" or "Vocalist"!>>

Whether it was a good idea or not, I printed up my business cards as:
"Marjorie Bunday
vocalist
contralto and mezzo-soprano repertoire"

I mostly do oratorio, art song, chamber music, lots of weddings, &
professional chorister work (as an alto), and a couple of weeks ago I even
subbed for a soprano friend (successfully). My non-label hasn't proven to
be a problem, though I imagine if I entered any type of competition with
that, or auditioned for a role in an opera, they might think I was
wishy-washy (and maybe I am!). I let whoever's hiring me decide what to put
on the program.

Marje Bunday
mbunday@e...
mbunday@e...