Vocalist.org archive

From:  sjdr9523@y...
sjdr9523@y...
Date:  Tue Jan 30, 2001  9:49 pm
Subject:  Re: Hello list, and advice sought re: Lucia

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., John Alexander Blyth <>
--- In
vocalist-temporary@y..., John Alexander Blyth <>
wrote:
Poor Edgardo! He has what in other circumstances would be a great
scene with a great aria, but it comes *after* the mad scene - which,
if well done, is *very* hard to follow. In the production I saw in
Winnipeg a few years ago the mad scene was so affecting that
everything that followed was like watching people waiting for a bus.
john>>

LOL!
I've also heard it put the other way around...that Lucia is a role
sopranos love, but really secretly hate because after the mad scene,
the tenor has the last 10 minutes of the opera all to himself, and
can steal the show if he so desires... ;)

John

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
8930 Re: Hello list, and advice sought re: Lucia John Alexander Blyth   Tue  1/30/2001   3 KB

emusic.com