Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Tue Jan 30, 2001  3:47 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Verdi

it is hard for me to seperate favorite moments of verdi from favorite
perfomances of verdi. for example, being an infatuation junky, fenton's
aria(?) in falstaff wallows in that emotion but, alfredo kraus forever
spoiled the chances of me liking anyone else ever singing it. james morris
as the inquisitor was one of the most evil things i ever heard, (third to
james morris as claggart and the four villains in hoffman). leonard warren
singing 'cortigiani' from rigoletto has things in it i'll never hear in
anyone else, as does his 'il balen' from 'trovatore'. franco corelli's 'di
quella pira', for us sports fans, is unbeatable. and fischer-dieskau dying
as posa and cassio's dream, arroyo in 'i vespri' and freni in 'boccanegra'
and...HEY! WAIT A MINUTE! WHAT THE HELL AM I SAYING??? I DON'T LIKE
OPERA!!!

mike

emusic.com