Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Sun Jan 28, 2001  11:17 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Help with an opera

gwyee@r... wrote:

> I need some help with an opera, please. My teacher gave me the arias for
> the role of Grimwald in Handel's "Rodelinda" to look at. Can someone
> please tell me a little about this opera and the role, or where I can look
> it up? It's not listed in the Aria Database website and none of my few
> books on opera list it except as one of Handel's many works.

I know Dean has already kindly provided a synopsis, but for future reference, a
great
place to find out about any opera (and especially the more obscure ones--not
that
Rodelinda is obscure, just that Handel's operas are only recently back on the
opera stage
with any frequency) is the New Grove's Dictionary of Opera - which any good
reference
library should have a copy of for you to look stuff up in.

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...

emusic.com