Vocalist.org archive

From:  Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Date:  Sun Jan 28, 2001  5:19 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: diction (e and o)

> I've heard there is one Italian dictionary with full
> IPA, every
> syllable. Anybody know what it's called?

I have a Harper Collins Italian dictionary (actually,
English/Italian, but it's called "Italian Dictionary"
on the cover) that has full IPA for both the Italian
and the English section. However, I often have
difficulty looking things up because it only has the
original form of most of the words, but in Italian, as
I've discovered, many words are spelt differently
under different circumstances. Since I don't speak
Italian, and didn't take Italian 100 at university
(which I'm kicking myself for now) it can be difficult
to find what I'm looking for. Glad I took German 100 -
there's another language that's hard to look up!

Jennifer

8853 Re: diction (e and o) Lloyd W. Hanson   Sun  1/28/2001   2 KB

emusic.com