Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Sat Jan 27, 2001  8:22 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Help neede: cough problem

In a message dated 01/26/2001 10:35:24 PM Central Standard Time,
janeo1@q... writes:
janeo1@q... writes:

<< Sounds like you need a codeine-based cough syrup. Ususally stops a cough
dead for me and protects my voice. The antibiotic will clear your lungs but
will not stop the cough.

According to a column I read in CLASSICAL SINGER last year, you have to watch
out for the constipating effects of codeine. The subglottal pressure from
straining at stool (ewwwww!) can be vocally devastating as well.....

As my students tell me, "TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!"

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com