Vocalist.org archive

From:  mikebarb@n...
mikebarb@n...
Date:  Sat Jan 27, 2001  6:44 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Help neede: cough problem

Linda Fox wrote:So what's the problem?

> I think that during the first couple of days when I was coughing almost
> non-stop and very hard indeed, I pulled, or even tore, an abdominal
> muscle. Is this possible? Latitude about 2 inches above the navel,
> longitude about 6-8 inches to the right. One of the muscles which you
> use as a cough reflex, and also to laugh, which is unfortunate because
> it's my hobby 8^> Now that the cough is clearing up, the urge to cough
> is less frequent, but when it comes, I _have_ to cough - and I can't
> because it is really _extremely_ painful. I can feel that there are
> great armfuls of glop in the base of

Years ago I pulled a muscle on my side from bronchitus. I got relief
(sleep) by arranging my
pillows to make it so my whole body was on an incline with my head being
the lowest point.
Everything just oozed out--no reason to cough. I just let gravity work. Of
course, it can be hard
on the sinuses.

Barbara Roberts
mikebarb@n...