Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
"Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
Date:  Sat Jan 27, 2001  4:36 am
Subject:  Italian Diction

Hello Vale

Thank you for your incisive comments on Italian diction. What you describe
as official Italian pronunciation would compare, I would think, with the
generally accepted English that is used on most network radio and TV
stations in the US.

We have many, many variations on our use of English depending on the part of
the US one is from, or visiting. The variations seem infinite. But a
rather common pronunciation has been developed for public use throughout
the country that tends to be accepted by everyone. It is this form of US
English that is taught in the voice studios and universities for singers
and public speakers.

Please keep sharing your knowledge of your language on this forum.

Regards
--
Lloyd W. Hanson, DMA
Professor of Voice, Vocal Pedagogy