Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Vale [^_^]" <valevanni@m...>
"Vale [^_^]" <valevanni@m...>
Date:  Sat Jan 27, 2001  5:26 am
Subject:  how many vowels?

Now that we have talked so much about Italian vowels, I have a question for all:

At singing lesson, which vowels do you study? (and, for teachers:which vowels
do you teach?) All vowels of the language you want to sing in, or not?
For example, english language has many vowels!
Vocalize on all? Too many time on exercises!
Vocalize on too few? Perhaps the learning is not complete!

For example, I'm Italian: my teacher make me vocalize on five of the italian
vowels: /a/, /e/, /i/, /O/,/u/.
I sing also in English, but it's another matter. Let's suppose that I need to
learn Italian vowels.

As you notice, there are not /E/ and /o/. Why, I ask myself?
I've asked my teacher, but he hadn't any answer. He said that "He's been taught
so... perhaps because when we Italians read alphabet, we pronounce them so...".
I think it's not a valid reason.

bye

Get your small business started at Lycos Small Business at
http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
8880 Re: how many vowels? Caio Rossi   Mon  1/29/2001   4 KB
8900 Re: how many vowels? Vale [^_^]   Tue  1/30/2001   4 KB

emusic.com