Vocalist.org archive

From:  Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Date:  Fri Jan 26, 2001  9:22 pm
Subject:  singing at own wedding?

My wife and I sang at our wedding. My wife did think it would be too
stressful, but she's glad we did it now. It was a lot of work, but it
could be worth it depending on why...

We led the responsorial psalm. We considered our entering into marriage as
a step into higher responsibility as wedded adults in our community. Part
of the responsibility we expected was to provide service and leadership at
some level. Since we had both been involved in the music ministry at this
church and actually met singing Christmas carols, it seemed appropriate.

I sang verse 1, she sang verse 2, we sang verse 3 in harmony, and verse 4
in unison. It was symbolic of our separate lives coming together and
joining together with a common purpose. All those attending sang the
choruses.

May sound corny, but it is deeply meaningful to me. I always look back on
that day and try to think of if we are living up to that ideal.

Good luck and congratulations!

Tako Oda

emusic.com