Vocalist.org archive

From:  taylor23f@h...
taylor23f@h...
Date:  Thu Jan 25, 2001  6:01 pm
Subject:  Re: New Girl

Dear Meridith,

Yes, the list if full of smart teachers. I have gained much
knowledge for the list myself over these years. When people
have as many years of experience as these teachers- they can
provide younger listers (like us) with valuable info. So I would
encourage you to keep your eyes and ears open at all times :)

Meridith wrote:
> 1. If I don't show that I am exceptional in College,
> what are my chances of success in a musical career?

Well here's a case in point. Renee Fleming attended my
undergrad. My ungergrad professor, who taught there when
Renee attended, told me an interesting story about her. He said
that when she was a student there she was an EDUCATION
major. He also said that she never got any opera roles/solo in
choirs and the she had a "run of the mill" soprano voice.

Just look where she is NOW!!!

She recently did a solo recital at my undergrad- for which they
paid her 50, 000 dollars. Yes- for ONE recital!!!

Take Care All,

Taylor L. Ferranti
DMA in Vocal Pedagogy
LSU