Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Thu Jan 25, 2001  3:11 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Velum/Spec analysis/Nasal Res........

In a message dated 1/24/2001 10:23:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
michael.chesebro@w... writes:
michael.chesebro@w... writes:

<< I suspect that the Perot
imitation is not truly an issue of nasal resonance, but rather, multiple
factors. >>

michael,

you are correct. i think calling ross perot 'nasal' is more a mistaken
impression of concensus reality (the general public). my imitation produced
a lot of activity in the range of the singer's formant but little activity
elswhere. to do a ross perot imitation, i have to constrict my throat quite
a bit and limit the amount of space in my mouth. the only thing left is the
'ring' in the sound and the resultant sensations in the 'mask'.

it is interesting to me that people who have never made these sounds nor
have ever thought twice about working on their voices in any way, would have
an instinct that a certain sound would have sensations in the 'mask' which
they may just call 'nasal'.

mike

emusic.com