Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Thu Jan 25, 2001  3:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Slightly off-topic: Anna Russell?

She's in a "garden apartment in a senior-citizen's complex on a street that
bears her name, not far from her ancestors' family farm near or in (?)
Unionville, Ontario,this from: Opera Canada vol xli/2 of last summer. She's
88 and a documentary on her has recently been completed by Tanya Fleet
called Indestructible Pink Ciffon: The Anna Russell Story.
I'm not making this up, you know. john

At 04:15 AM 1/25/01 +0000, you wrote:
>Dear List,
>
>Slightly off-topic I guess (or is it?), but does anyone have any recent
>information on Anna Russell? If she is still around, I reckon she is
>probably in her early eighties by now.
>
>I would very much like to contact her, if that is still possible.
>
>I am also posting this to the Lieder-L list, so my apologies to anyone
>who is in both lists.
>
>Regards to all,
>
>Sheila
>
>Sheila Graham
>Mezzo-Soprano, Edinburgh, Scotland
>
>www.sheilagraham.demon.co.uk
>

>'She is a singer, and therefore capable of anything' (Bellini)
>
>--
>Sheila Graham

John Blyth
Baritono robusto e lirico