Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Tue Jan 23, 2001  11:35 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] BODY FAT AND SINGING WAS; singing and health

>From: Greypins@a...
>Someone else posted...<<
> Ingo Titze (ISTR) wrote an Article several years that was published in
> New Scientist. I have it in a box somewhere but by the time I find it
> global pollution will have melted the ice-caps and the UK will be
> under 3ft of water , so I'd look for another source.
> Basically it said, "Maybe, fat on body->fat on vocal folds->good
> adduction and closure-> good tone"
> >>

> sounds more like 'fat in head'.
>
>mike

No, Mike. Singers need RESONANCE there, ha ha ha.

Elizabeth Finkler
California: If it ain't one thing, it's another.
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...
mightymezzo@h...

"An enemy can partially ruin a man, but it takes a well-meaning and
injudicious friend to really finish the job and make it perfect." --Mark
Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson"