Vocalist.org archive

From:  Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Date:  Thu Jan 25, 2001  3:40 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] More on registers

I am enjoying this discussion.

Regarding the person who said that people without register breaks are
lucky... I reply that it isn't luck, it's intelligent work with a good
teacher/artist who knows what to do to eliminate them. Nobody *has* to
feel severe register changes, with a low (but not depressed larynx) and
appoggio, and proper cover.
I have exercises to help with the above issues.

Regarding voice building... it had better be built if you want to sing
opera and survive. It is simply not natural to do what we do and so we
have to become vocal athletes. The circumference of the neck will even
increase over time, as well as the size of the rib cage.

Gina

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
8724 Re: More on registers Jennifer   Thu  1/25/2001   2 KB

emusic.com