Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Wed Jan 24, 2001  12:39 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Velum/Spec analysis/Nasal Res........

"michael.chesebro" wrote:

> > From reading all of the previous posts, I'm assuming that the "twang"
> >that we are talking about is more commonly referred to as the singers
> >formant.
>
> No, the ring in the sound is the singer's formant. Squillo exists apart
> from that.
> Michael E. Chesebro, M.A.,C.C.C., S.L.P.

Michael, would you (or anyone else here) please give me your definition of
squillo? I've
yet to hear anyone explain it to me in a way that I understand exactly what it
is, other
than references to specific singers who sound nothing alike to me. I suspect
the term
means many different things to many different people, but if there is something
scientific
or solid that can nail the term down for me, I'd love to know it.

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...

emusic.com