Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Tue Jan 23, 2001  10:23 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Reply to 'registers'

In a message dated 1/23/2001 1:26:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
plvdijk@i... writes:
plvdijk@i... writes:

> I have also found that spending some warm-up time working on the chest voice

And, for a singer such as me who seems to be the the exact opposite as you, I
experience the same effect in reverse. Since I approach my voice organically
from a chest perspective, I have finally found the perfect warm up scenario
for me. I HAVE to warm up the pure head voice only first, gently stretching
it with the lightest of touch. Then I do some tongue and jaw loosening
exercises, and the whole voice is there. The chest is so strong, I have
next-to-no need to warm it up at all. It is literally always there. If I
skimp on the high voice warm up and go immediately to full voice singing, my
chest is a little brittle and not as warm and round as when I fully warm up
the light mechanism only.
At this point, I am convinced that there are only two kinds of female
singers: those whose voices are "chest dominant" and those whose voices are
"head dominant". All you have to do is to add what is missing.
TinaO

emusic.com