Vocalist.org archive

From:  snide76258@a...
snide76258@a...
Date:  Tue Jan 23, 2001  8:08 pm
Subject:  Re: Studying Vocal Performance In College

I had an interesting discussion with a colleage in English some years
ago in which I told him of our dilemma in voice regarding talent vs.
effort. He said that there was the same problem in English: one
student might work all semester on a paper and just didn't write very
well, while another student might stay up all night the night before
the paper was due and turn out a good paper.

Sadly, life is "results oriented." I do believe that, as my father
told me, "Time wounds all heels." i.e. Eventually bad study habits
will catch up with you. I think we all know of singers who have been
fired for simply not being prepared. Nevertheless, it is the singers
with the most talent who tend to be the most successful. Nobody ever
said life was fair!

Just my opinion, I could be wrong!

emusic.com