Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
buzzcen@a...
Date:  Tue Jan 23, 2001  2:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Reply to 'registers'

In a message dated 1/23/01 1:17:32 AM Central Standard Time,
taylor23f@h... writes:
taylor23f@h... writes:

> This is the kind of historical precedence I was implying toward
> in my earlier post. Granted, RM's Structure of Singing is a
> marvelous addition to our literature. Having worked with him at an
> Oberlin seminar, I have great respect and admiration for him, as a
> teacher and a singer. However, if a student asks a tough pedagogical
> question of me, I want to be 'armed' with more then- "Well, Miller
> says on page 136 that....... ;-0

Thank you very much for that statement. While I have great respect for
Richard Miller we have to be careful to turn him into something equivalent to
a vocal wizard of oz.

Mr. Miller has his agenda and is at times quick to dismiss certain things
through assertion without much support. His writing also has a certain
pompousness attached to it that many find off putting, although it does not
personally bother me.

Randy Buescher

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
8667 Re: Reply to 'registers' Greypins@a...   Tue  1/23/2001   3 KB
8680 Re: Reply to 'registers' Peter Louis van Dijk   Tue  1/23/2001   3 KB
8681 Re: Reply to 'registers' ODivaTina@a...   Tue  1/23/2001   3 KB
8696 Re: Reply to 'registers' buzzcen@a...   Wed  1/24/2001   3 KB
8697 'registers'/increase bulk of a muscle........ taylor23f@h...   Wed  1/24/2001   2 KB
8698 Re: Reply to 'registers' Greypins@a...   Wed  1/24/2001   3 KB
8700 Re: Reply to 'registers' michael.chesebro   Wed  1/24/2001   4 KB

emusic.com