Vocalist.org archive

From:  Anne-Louise Klaus <alklaus@y...>
Anne-Louise Klaus <alklaus@y...>
Date:  Mon Jan 22, 2001  6:08 pm
Subject:  Vocal Maturation

I have a question for John Messmer and anyone else on
the list who can give me some insight. A student of
mine just asked a very good question and I'm not sure
of the answer. She wanted to know why voices continue
to mature so that, for example, many bass voices
aren't at their true peak until the person is in his
early to mid-40's. I know that with women it is
somewhat hormonal, but what are the other factors?
Are there actual physical changes which take place in
the voice/larynx over time? I look forward to
learning more about this myself...

Thanks!

Anne-Louise Klaus

http://auctions.yahoo.com/