Vocalist.org archive

From:  "michael.chesebro" <michael.chesebro@w...>
"michael.chesebro" <michael.chesebro@w...>
Date:  Mon Jan 22, 2001  7:22 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Velum/Spec analysis/Nasal Res........

>Adding nasality to the tone as a means of creating a different tonal quality
>is heard more in non-classical singing than in classical singing. . . .

I had a teacher who demonstrated a sound that often is called nasality that
he described as squillo and claimed was actually the direct product of the
vocalis muscle. He described thyroarytenoids as producing the "ring" in
the sound while the "edge" came from the vocalis. I have not yet found
studies that verify these assertions. Has anyone on the list?
Michael E. Chesebro, M.A.,C.C.C., S.L.P.
Voice & Fax: 562/983-9965
Wireless: 562/884-2122

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
8623 Re: Velum/Spec analysis/Nasal Res........ Sheila Graham   Mon  1/22/2001   4 KB

emusic.com