Vocalist.org archive

From:  snide76258@a...
snide76258@a...
Date:  Sun Jan 21, 2001  1:55 pm
Subject:  Re: bass song collections w CD or tape

--- In vocalist-temporary@egroups.com, "Yvonne Dechance"
<ydechance@h...> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone recommend some favorite bass song collections--classical
or
> opera--that are available with CD or taped accompaniments? I'm
working with

I don't think anyone has mentioned "Songs for Bass in a Comfortable
Range". (That's the real title!) I think the publisher is Carl Fisher
and I know you can get a cassette of accompaniments, if not a CD.

Also, Hal Leonard now has a series called "Classical Contest Solos"
which come with CDs with a performance, a native speaker reading the
text (I think) and the accompaniment.

While we're at it, are we interested in starting a thread about
students learning their music off of CDs?

-JS

emusic.com