Vocalist.org archive

From:  Trevor Allen <trevorjamesallen@y...>
Trevor Allen <trevorjamesallen@y...>
Date:  Wed Jan 17, 2001  3:36 am
Subject:  Has Anyone played Betto?

Hello All,
I was just assigned the role of Betto in our opera
workshop's mini production of Gianni Schicci. I only
have heard the "O mio Babbino..." aria and only heard
the entire recording of the opera today.
Has anyone out there played the role of Betto? What
does he do? Why is he even in the opera? I was
having problems picking out the answers to these
questions while listening. Obvioulsly I have a lot of
work and research to do, but I would welcome anyone's
insights and opinions.
A little side note.... our Gherrardo has become a
Gherrarda...a pants role because we don't have enough
men in the class. Is that an acceptable practice? I
think it's kinda funny. The girl playing the role
isn't too thrilled because that role won't do her much
good on her rusume for later use. Any comments on
this are welcome too.

Thanks,
Trevor

8499 Re: Has Anyone played Betto? Cynthia Donnell   Thu  1/18/2001   2 KB
8516 Re: Has Anyone played Betto? Leslie Jones   Thu  1/18/2001   2 KB
8780 Re: Has Anyone played Betto? Linda Fox   Fri  1/26/2001   4 KB
8786 Re: Has Anyone played Betto? Trevor Allen   Fri  1/26/2001   3 KB

emusic.com