Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Cynthia Donnell" <csdonnell@m...>
"Cynthia Donnell" <csdonnell@m...>
Date:  Wed Jan 17, 2001  2:07 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: singing and health (and weight)

Jennifer - you answered your own question, so to speak. The answer to the
equation is in your first paragraph. To lose weight one must use more
calories than one takes in or take in fewer calories than one uses. You
haven't changed the calorie content of your diet but you are burning more
calories than you take in! You're not disagreeing with John. you've
rebalanced the equation.
Cindy Donnell

> The
> ONLY way to effectively lose weight and maintain the
> loss is to eat smaller
> quantities of all healthy foods.

I can't believe I'm about to disagree with Dr. John,
but here goes. I have lost a decent amount of weight
over the past few months, slowly but steadily, by
incorporating daily exercise into my routine. While I
have altered slightly *what* I eat (more fresh fruits
and vegetables, less processed food), I'm still eating
about the same number of calories (I've added them up)
if not a little more.

emusic.com