Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Leo Morgan" <leomor@g...>
"Leo Morgan" <leomor@g...>
Date:  Wed Jan 17, 2001  1:59 am
Subject:  dry throat etc.

Hi all, lurking leo here, over the last two years there has been a lot of
discussion about dry throats. I had no idea what you were all on about,
living here in Ireland where we breathe through water, I have never had the
problem. Unfortunatley, my Sister and her Husband had a car crash in
Penna. on Christmas week, sadly Sean was killed and Nora badly
injured. I flew over for the funeral and was asked to sing a hymn
or two at the Mass. The morning of the service I could'nt believe
how dry my throat was and my nose felt like it was filled with
cement. I was sucking lozenges and sniffing inhalers like billyo
trying to clear a path to sing. I now know what you were all talking about.

Because of the snow and ice I did not get home till New Years day and
missed baby Alice's first Xmas and poor Kate was on her own for ten
days I had alot of making up to do.

I never see anyone writing about tongue exercises .A flexible tongue is a
must
in singing, enabling the tongue to stay flat and form that tunnel shape for
vowel
sounds, and trilling the "R" etc. I've gone on too much, will post again.

Regards, Leo --------Drogheda

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
8484 Re: dry throat etc. john schweinfurth   Wed  1/17/2001   2 KB
8598 Re: dry throat etc. Leo Morgan   Sun  1/21/2001   2 KB

emusic.com