Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Laura Sharp" <lasharp@n...>
"Laura Sharp" <lasharp@n...>
Date:  Tue Jan 16, 2001  7:53 pm
Subject:  WAS: "operatic" roles, NOW: Gary Martin

As long as we've brought up 1776, I'll use it as an excuse to ask about an
old friend of mine, Gary Martin. The first I heard him sing was in a music
theatre workshop class we were both taking in college and he did a
passionate "Tobacco to Rum" ( I thought it was "Molasses to Rum", but I
defer to Karen, of course!).

I was looking up old friends on the web last week and saw his bio complete
with Met and Chicago Lyric roles and a current stint in Germany. Has anyone
met up with Gary recently or heard him sing lately? I remember him as a
warm, funny and very intelligent man and I'm glad to see that he's doing so
well.

Laura Sharp