Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Tue Jan 16, 2001  12:25 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Recital repetoire question

SMSchneider wrote:

> Margaret wrote:
>
> My teacher and I have
> > worked out an easier ending so I can sing it in front of people
>
> I have to agree that the final c# makes it really difficult. I actually
> think a D would be easier, though of course that would sound pretty wierd!
> I'm curious about the alternate ending you devised. Do you go up to an A
> instead?

No, we dropped the high note and portamento down to a lower note entirely,
because a lower
note just doesn't sound right, and substituted a repeat of the fast arpeggio
triad figure
that appears often throughout the piece and then move down to the final note.
It's
effective, because I sing that little arpeggio very well and it doesn't sound
like an
"easy subsitute". It's easier to demonstrate it than to explain it, though.

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...

emusic.com