Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Mon Jan 15, 2001  7:29 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Recital repetoire question

SMSchneider wrote:

> "Gold is a fine thing, for
> > those who admire it." But watch out for the final high D - it's a killer.

You're probably right. I was going by my (increasingly unreliable) memory.

I can sing C-sharps in other contexts - my teacher (who has great high notes)
says that
this note makes an otherwise very singable aria one that few people can sing
successfully. Now that I'm working on the piece myself, I'm much more
sympathetic of the
soprano I heard sing the role who had some difficulty with it! My teacher and
I have
worked out an easier ending so I can sing it in front of people, because it
otherwise
works very nicely in my voice - but of course that would never do for an
audition or an
academic recital.

Peggy

--