Vocalist.org archive

From:  "wweiszflog" <wweiszflog@u...>
"wweiszflog" <wweiszflog@u...>
Date:  Mon Jan 15, 2001  2:22 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Recital repetoire question

Hi Lisa,
once I heard xxx (what's her name?the famous and now retired Rumanian
soprano who sang all over the world) doing a wonderful Britten song cycle "
On this Island". At that time she was singing Pamina, Melisande, Norina etc.
So if this is your voice the cycle may work for you, and it is not too long!
As for the Germans, there is an amazingWolf song in the Italian song Book, I
think it is the last " Ich hab in Penna", a wonderful high note to fininsh.
Schwarzkopf used to end recitals with it.I is very effective and not as
difficult as it looks.An there is one of the Schubert "An die Nachtigal"....
Good luck,
Walter