Vocalist.org archive

From:  Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Date:  Mon Jan 15, 2001  1:35 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] singing and health (and weight)

How odd. What are the risks (if any) of supplementing
with estrogen? I would imagine they wouldn't give it
to a young singer to smooth out the vocal bumps...

Also, does it cause the voice to lower? I know that
taking birth control pills can cause the voice to
irreversably thicken and drop in pitch.

Isabelle B.

> It's a modest increase over
> regular birth control pills. The biggest difference
> that I have found is that I no longer have bad
> vocal days during the PMS week. Before I made the
> switch, I could count on a couple of bad days a

=====
Isabelle Bracamonte
San Francisco, CA
ibracamonte@y...
ibracamonte@y...

8377 Re: singing and health (and weight) Lee Morgan   Mon  1/15/2001   3 KB

emusic.com