Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lee Morgan" <LMorgan923@t...>
"Lee Morgan" <LMorgan923@t...>
Date:  Mon Jan 15, 2001  12:32 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] singing and health (and weight)

<<But to continue my wild speculations - without the extra handicap of any
knowledge - it would be interesting to know, whether there are singers on
this list, who have experience with medication to keep their oestrogen level
more constant during the menopause. The use of extra oestrogen during
menopause seems to get quite popular these days in several countries.>>

I'm not quite there yet, but I am peri-menopausal, and I have increased my
estrogen intake somewhat through the use of a brand of birth control pill
which is designed for peri-menopausal women. It's a modest increase over
regular birth control pills. The biggest difference that I have found is
that I no longer have bad vocal days during the PMS week. Before I made the
switch, I could count on a couple of bad days a month. There have been
improvements in lots of other areas (mood, particularly) which I'll be happy
to discuss off-list with anyone else who is facing this era in their life.

Lee Morgan
Rapidly aging mezzo-soprano

emusic.com