Vocalist.org archive

From:  dorisopran@a...
dorisopran@a...
Date:  Sat Jan 13, 2001  3:31 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] SCIENTIFIC CRAP WAS: Dementia&musical tastes

In a message dated 1/13/01 5:47:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Quoting the article Cynthia sent, caioross@z... writes:

<< those lesions "may have DAMAGED
specific circuit relevant for the integration and apreciation of musical
material >>

Oh, yes, I meant to quote more in my last post. Unlike their use of "Gain,"
their use of "damage" may be more precise. The damage causes rewiring of the
circuits, right, as the brain attempts to compensate for the loss of it's
proper circuitry?

I particularly enjoyed their disclaimer about enjoying Italian pop music did
not indicate frontal lobe damage! he he he!!!

Give these contradictions an applied linguistic slant, Caio. Perhaps the
researchers' report was in Italian. Just who processed it for the Reuters
release?

Cheers,
Doris

emusic.com